A full document entry is being written, but here's the gist:
The txt2wav() function is part of the PHP-VOX project, written
and maintained by PilotPig
founder Daniel P. Brown. It's a built-in PHP function available
to all PilotPig™ shared hosting
customers that converts a block of text to synthesized speech and
writes the result to a waveform file.
Using it is easy:
boolean txt2wav(mixed $text, string $outFile [, double $duration [, double $pitch [, double $stddev]]])
- $text - A block of text to convert to speech
- $outFile - The location and name of the waveform file to create.
- $duration - The duration of each sound synthesized by the function.
- $pitch - The median pitch at which the voice will synthesize.
- $stddev - The maximum standard deviation from $pitch.
As mentioned, a full document entry is forthcoming. Stay tuned
to this page for changes.
Thanks to Matijn Woudt for his contributions to the initial Spring 2007 version!